NextPhase Medical Devices LLC is a fast growing, contract manufacturer of single- use disposable medical devices. Headquartered in Waldwick, NJ, we also have manufacturing facilities in Rochester, NH and Tijuana, Mexico.
The Value Stream Business Unit Manager is the architect of the value stream, identifying value as defined from the customer’s perspective, and leading the effort to achieve an ever-shortening value-creating flow. The role focuses the organization on aligning activities and resources around value creation, and as such is responsible for driving the revenue and profit growth of the business unit, and in developing key customer relationships and business improvements related to a given set of products and customers.
- Customer Support, Business Development and Growth:
- Deliver leadership in defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the business unit.
- In collaboration with Sales & Marketing, develops direct relationships with customers to support needs and understand capability, specific development projects, and capacity requirements.
- Provide resources needed to drive growth and achieve the overall value stream vision.
- Owner of customer Requests for Quote within the value stream.
- Value Stream Management:
- Leading and mobilizing the people inside and outside of the value stream to enable the required changes to the value stream (including customers and suppliers).
- Leading the day-to-day activities within the value stream to ensure that current commitments are achieved while improvements are being made.
- In collaboration with Manufacturing, ensure the timely production and delivery of all value stream products.
- Value Stream Mapping:
- Preparing a value stream future state map that uses lean techniques to identify and eliminate waste and improve process value in the short to mid-term.
- Create a plan to achieve future value stream state and lead the implementation of the plan.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Leads the rigorous continuous improvement process of all value stream product cost reduction initiatives and performance.
- New Product Development and Sustaining Engineering:
- In collaboration with NPD and SE, is the lead sponsor for all new customer product development and product improvement efforts.
- Project Management:
- In collaboration with the Program Management Office (PMO), actively manages, tracks key milestones, and supports new product introductions and enhancements.
- Performance Reporting:
- Drives and reports against the development, collection, trending, and improvement of key value stream metrics performance on a routine cadence.
- Other Support:
- Oversees all functional aspects of the value stream.
- Works closely with management to prioritize business goals and information needs.
- Builds a strong team-based environment to ensure customer needs are consistently met.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum degree in an engineering discipline and 10 years of progressive experience in a LEAN Medical Device Contract Manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in leading the growth of a business unit with a solid understanding of business practices and related financials.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Adept at maintaining a strong attention to detail in high pressure situations.
- Possesses well-honed problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges.
Unsolicited, Non-Contracted Agencies not subject to “finder’s fee”.
START YOUR APPLICATION