NextPhase Medical Devices LLC is a fast growing, contract manufacturer of single- use disposable medical devices. Headquartered in Waldwick, NJ, we also have manufacturing facilities in Rochester, NH and Tijuana, Mexico.
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk ensures timely and consistent receipt, packaging and shipping of material and products per customers’ requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is also responsible for proper record keeping of all received and shipped material and products. This position requires full time on-site attendance working 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday. The flexibility to work overtime as needed is important.
- Arrange carrier pick-ups per customer purchase order specifications and/or shipping instructions.
- Put away received product in the appropriate warehouse/building location.
- Utilize IQMS, the Company’s MRP, to process incoming and outgoing shipments quickly and accurately, including all Kanban requirements.
- Inspect all incoming and outgoing shipments for damage, defective, or questionable material conditions and address immediately.
- Package goods in shipping boxes/containers and prepare mailing labels and shipping documents.
- Complete bill of lading and various other forms used by freight carriers.
- Process Hazardous Material according to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), SOP and the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) Program.
- Compare identifying information, part numbers, serial numbers, counts, weights or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bill of lading.
- Strap and wrap palletized product accordance with Assembly Procedure (AP).
- Utilize scales in preparation for shipments.
- Maintain adequate supply of shipping and receiving materials on hand.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area(s) and follow safety regulations.
- Partner with customer service, planner, team leads, and quality to ensure product is shipped as required.
- Operate forklift or handcart to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping platform to storage or work area.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 3+ years of related experience in a Manufacturing environment, ideally in a regulated industry, preferably with ISO-13485 knowledge
- Experience working in an ERP/MRP system, preferably IQMS
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and execute SOP’s, AP’s and Work Instructions
- Basic computer experience including Microsoft Office
- Basic Math capability